In today’s technology age we have a desire to get more out of our smart phones and tablets. Home security systems aren’t just security systems anymore, more and more alarm companies are using the security technology to integrate your home into a “Smart Home” which utilizes the security backbone system to allow you to control more things like your thermostat, lights, doors, and garage doors.
Keep in mind that the reason for a security system is to give you the peace of mind and protection you need for your valuables, and of course your family. Many alarm companies are pushing the smart home energy solution to people with the security system part as an afterthought. Don’t ge me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this but in my opinion you have the main part of a security system so why not use it?
- Control it with your smart phone or tablet
- Create energy time zones for thermostats and lights
- Set up schedules while you are out of town
- Turn lights on or off without being home for the appearance of being home
- Automatically lock/unlock your doors
- Get a text notification when someone disarms your alarm
- Create a notification alert if anyone opens a secure room in your home or safe
- Open your garage door and disarm the alarm with one touch from your smart phone
- New IP cameras can link up to the system for the added security